Sunday, March 09, 2008

Kelly Osbourne to Perform Duet With Brian Evans On New CD

Kelly Osbourne will perform a duet with crooner Brian Evans on his forthcoming debut international CD.

Osbourne will perform the song "Blue Bayou" with Evans.

"I'm obviously thrilled. When I spoke to my producer about who I'd like to perform a duet with, I really thought long and hard about it, and literally dozens of names came up. It wasn't until I was surfing the Internet, frustrated because I couldn't find someone I felt would really belt it out, that I found Kelly Osbourne to be a truly exceptional vocalist that could really bring something wonderful to this CD," says Evans. "I think Kelly has an absolutely amazing voice, and it's a true privilege that she has agreed to do this CD with me."

The CD will feature thirteen songs, eight of which Evans wrote himself. In addition, Evans will record "First, Last, My Everything" (Barry White), "Tainted Love" (Soft Cell), "Mr. Lonely" (Bobby Vinton), and "Morning Train" (Sheena Easton). A thirteenth track, "Super Spy", was written by Ahmet Zappa, which Ahmet will also produce.

"I wanted to do something different here. If I just recorded a CD with a bunch of tunes Sinatra already made famous, as my competitors are doing, I believed it would just turn out to be a big budget karaoke act, and that's not what this CD will be. This CD will capture the crooner genre while bringing something original to it, especially some much needed original material that remains faithful to the genre." Evans says. "I'm not using the crooner title as a marketing hook while I write radio friendly songs that sound nothing like the big band days. I'm sticking to the style and you'll get what you pay for."

Fifty five musicians will play on the new CD.

Evans began his career as the opening act for Dionne Warwick, Jay Leno, Joan Rivers, and Social Distortion. His music is heard on the popular television shows "So You Think You Can Dance" and "Big Shots," among others.

The news has garnered Evans more than 25,000 plays yesterday on his MySpace music site which features previously recorded material by Evans, along with an intro by Joan Rivers.
Grammy nominated producer Chris Walden will produce.

"This will be the CD that introduces the great talents of Brian Evans to the world," says publicist Mark Biltz. "It's been a long time coming."

For more information about Brian Evans, visit www.myspace.com/brianevansonline for video and music clips, and www.brianevans.com, his official website. His previously independently recorded tracks are available at www.itunes.com.
---
www.FayetteFrontPage.com
Fayette Front Page
Community News You Can Use
Fayetteville, Peachtree City, Tyrone
---

No comments: